Read to Achieve
- Provide support to ensure all students acquire the foundational literacy skills necessary to read, comprehend, integrate, and apply complex texts necessary for college and career success.
- Improve student achievement and outcomes in early literacy through supporting evidence-based, high-quality literacy instruction aligned to the science of reading.
Guiding Principles of Support:
- Implementation of evidence-based instructional strategies to improve early literacy outcomes among students
- Guidance on components essential to early learning success: phonological and phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- Educator preparation in effective literacy instruction
- Professional development in systematic, explicit, evidence-based early literacy instruction aligned to the science of reading
For more information about Read to Achieve, please click the North Carolina DPI logo below.
For parent resources, click the parent repository logo.